Re: Political map of Glorantha

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 21:54:15 -0000

> I wonder how thorough a knowledge the Lunars have about Genertela?

I agree with your account, except:

> Ralios and the whole area behind the mountains there is probably
> a bit of a mystery. No easy access across the mountains, and
> nothing much of interest.

I think we know from "Dorastor: Land of Doom" that the Lunars send trade caravans through Kartolin Pass into Ralios. And I recall reading accounts from one of the Seattle games when the Ralian East Wilds Orlanthi met the friendly traders from across the mountains, and enjoyed drinking their red wine...

As for "Not much of interest," have you forgotten that the Lunar Empire includes a tradition of illumination which traces its origins back to Nysalor's Bright Empire. Remember who destroyed that, and where he built his own Stygian Alliance?

So, there may be *slightly* more contact than you have surmised, but nevertheless I agree that not much is known.

Likewise Seshnela -- although they now have a few sea ports (just!), the Lunars haven't really taken to the waves. It's unlikely any more than a handful have made it that far West... as of yet.

Cheers, Nick