RE: Garrath Sharpsword

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:03:07 +0100 (BST)

> It is too Garrath that saves the cradle. The PC:s
> are among the heroic
> (but somewhat faceless) defenders, but it's Garrath
> that organizes most
> of the whole thing, and the one that get's the
> cradle's defences going again.

Depends entirely on how you play it. Your Glorantha WILL Vary. The way I've now played through it, Garrath joined the Cradle part-way, more or less got things organised with a lot of hand-holding, did part of the defence-retrieval HQing but not all, and ended up with a rep. of "Garrath who?"

Play it the way that's fun. If being a faceless bit of cannon-fodder is your idea of fun, go ahead, but I still think that's what Followers are for.

> Since when is Orlanthi high politics about being
> nice. Kallyr's
> description in Wyrms Footprints doesn't read like
> she's sweetness and
> light either. Heortling heroes are a vein,
> temperamental, dangerous lot.

Thoroughly agreed - but I believe the original poster was coming at this from a RQ2 background. There, Garrath was described as honest and sincere and Good. I just wanted to make it clear that in fact he's merely very good at giving that impression. And who knows? In your Glorantha, it may even be true!

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html