RE: Back from the dead, and ready to party.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:40:24 +0100

> He wants to be of Sartarite extraction, more specifically, he
> wants a link with Kallyr.
>
> I've done a quick perusal of Jane's work on Kallyr, and
> think I can accommodate him.

Emergency warning: the stuff on line (now here: http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/kallyr/index.cfm )is pre-HQ/HW. It accomodates every tiniest factoid published by anyone prior to HW, mutually exclusive or not, but despite having got Greg to check my timeline before publishing it, the one that then came out in OiD is significantly different. She's quite a bit younger, her early career is very different, her skills are different. If you want to be able to use current sources, or indeed anything I produce in the future (yes, I'm working on it), you need to use OiD as your primary source, NOT my website.

But, her personality as described in OiD is the "late" version. She changes with time, and the "stern and distant" idea isn't anything like her in the early 1600s. Bear that in mind.

> Either he is of her tribe that was destroyed in 1602

You mean "clan", don't you? The White Quartz, in my version. Yes, that's a common solution to setting up this sort of link (in fact, the number of PCs and followers that survived, it's a very thriving clan!) I'd suggest avoiding any closer relationship, though.

> or he was of the tribe she adopted into.

Which now appears to have been a swap from the Kheldon to the Culbrea, for reasons I have yet to understand (but I'm working on it).

If he's Kheldon, take a look at the rather strange new idea that they have no movement powers - not even the ones possessed by every other human - and decide how your campaign is going to handle that. It's been discussed on this list in the past.

> Does that work? I'm not going to have her show up directly
> much (she'll be pretty
> occupied through Whitewall, but it gives me a great big hook
> to pull on him.)

Sounds good to me. The Culbrea option may well be the easiest, then he knows her as a fellow young adult, and she owes his clan/tribe, rather than vice/versa. I and Donald are working out (unofficial) background for some of her followers from the Culbrea, which might be fun for you to pick up. Probably better to go off-list if you fancy knowing more.