RE: God Post

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:47:13 +0100

> > You could try but bear in mind that the gods don't understand the
> > material world so the chances of your fellow devotee getting an
> > accurate message is pretty low.

Looking back through old RQ stuff,I find a specific example of a god trying to pass on information to a very devout priest of his. Here's the priest's transcription of what he was "told".

"I asked Yelmalio to send me what message he needed me to know for the betterment of my people.

"In my dreams, I stood in a Watchtower at the edge of a great crevass or at the top of a cliff. A river wended its way below me. Looking down, I saw a village at the base of the cliff. Allw as quiet and peaceful to the eye.

"Then I saw the town as if with Vrok's Keen Vision. Details sprung up. The women of the vilage walked about with filthy sticks through their guts. The men lay about looking like dried up corpses left too long in the heat, but still rose up to walk about in the night. Tiny monsters devoured unknown feasts in the fields. There were no children anywhere to be seen. Nearby, in a blood-red lake, hideous, perverted tentacles of filth reached out to grasp all the townspeople.

All dissolved in a foul pool of gorp, splashing with violence so it sprayed across the valley and the country. Some of it landed on the Holy Dome itself, and left a stain. I awoke shaken and disgusted, though blessed with this vision of Yelmalio".

Clear, precise, and a useful means of communication, right?