Re: God Post

From: Keith Nellist <labrygon_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 00:22:31 -0000

> Check the rules for divination, Thunder Rebels 74-77, especially
the top of
> page 76 - these are the most recent.

I am eagerly awaiting the Maersk Trondheim (a ship) to arrive in Botany Bay so that my precious cargo of Glorantha stuff and other less vital items (clothes, some furniture, etc) can be delivered. In the meantime, it is interesting to note that there are Thunder Rebels aboard a large ship - the Hero Wars are beginning!

> Yes, worshippers tell gods all about "stuff". But if the god can't
usually
> distinguish who told him what, he certainly can't forward on a
message to a
> specific individual (or even group)! I'd rate a god's "Cosmic
indifference"
> at quite a few masteries.

This still fits in with my newspaper analogy - replace "Cosmic" with "Editorial", the vague, inaccurate and generally-rather-lacking in utility information that one gets from a newspaper seem to correspond closely to the vague, inaccurate and mystically wonderful information one gets in a divine vision.

Still, no point jeopardising my entry in the terrible analogy competition.

Keith