Re: God Post/Gaumata's Vision

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 02:41:17 -0000

> And an excellent piece of work it is, too. Even if it can be horribly
> abused (see Nick Brokke's account of this scenario gone horribly awry,
> "Massacre at Black Rock", which I can't seem to locate at the moment...

Ah, but I loved that write up! It was astonishing to see how another ref (Nick) or maybe it was another culture (those brits) would so radically change the flavor of the scenario without actually changing the details.

But my favorite write up (which is apparently no longer online --I tried to find it a year or so ago) involved a storm bull worshipper chased into in the Earth Shrine by the locals, working himself up into a berserk rage and wading into the horrible children while chanting "I am saving all of creation today" (or something like that) as his axe bit into the faces of 10 year olds and wobbly old men.

In fact, these two juxtapositions helped me just put my finger on my reservations regarding the Skullpoint scenario in Gathering Thunder. The overall thrust of the scenario reads very much as if there is nothing that the Heroes can do to save the clan. That's what I object to.

Conversely, when I first tested the village of Black Rock, I had no idea how it would play out, and I hope that the written final also gives that impression--that the fate of these people, and perhaps the whole of Sun County, lies in small acts by the heroes here.

(Which reminds me of another write up (the De Ville stuff?) where Varloz the ogre boy appears as a senior aide to the High Priest of the Sun Dome and a rising star in the county. Beautiful.)

If any one else has run Gaumata's Vision, I'd love to hear how it went. But replying off list would probably be wise.

Mike Dawson