Re: Re: Earth to earth

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:52:21 +1000

A Gift Carrier ate the last paras of my previous message, honest.

However, due the wonders of of multiple clipboards, I continue my previous ravings unabated...

 From the description in the link above, the stead maidens themselves are known to cast them at unruly guests. So they're painful but not (usually) lethal. Given a sufficiently vindictive stead maiden however... :)

And all of Jennifer's suggestions seem a lot of fun. Ash balls as a ink source seems especially ingenious.

In related reading, apparently lack of chimneys (or stead maidens) means a high incident of sight disorders and blindness from smoke. All those blind Celtic harpers came from smoke-filled lodges. Another reason to bless your hearth maidens.

Up the whimsy!

Cheers

John