Re: Re: Earth to earth

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:11:40 -0700

> > At 03:07 AM 22/08/04, JGeard wrote:
> > >If Orlanth gives us wind spirits that collect the smoke from our
> cooking
> > >fires
> > >and store it in stable, easily-removed smoke balls in the
> rafters, thus
> > >freeing us from the need for chimneys...
> >

> > Anyone know what those balls can be used for? Are they strong
> enough to
> > be used as marbles? :) Can I use them for the fire equivalent of
> > thunderstones?

I don't think that an Air elemental (of any stripe) has the "oomph" needed to make smoke into anything *very* hard. For that, you'd need the compressing power of an Earth elemental, or maybe the heat of a fire elemental (to actually change it "chemically"). I just don't see Air as having that sort of ability. Sure, it can throw a heavy object through a tree, but it can't compress something. It's just not in Air's nature.

For my own needs, something a bit denser than a typical "dustmouse" would fit what Air could do. Probably heavy enough to be thrown, but would explode on impact with a "poof" and a cloud of ash/smoke/dust. *Not* something you do around the steadwife!

RR
- Richelieu