RE: Cool stuff and NPCs

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:16:02 +0100

> A definite combat factor but it's easy to get rid of the
> weapon if necessary - not so much if its armour. :-)

In pragmatic terms, yes - but you're suggesting that a Humakti jettisons their SWORD????

> I think just ignoring the magic effect makes iron a bit too
> effective for me - weapons are a very good deal to begin with
> - doubling the bonus makes them twice as good.

True. I'm not sure how I'd want to handle Numbers. I just wantt o be sure what narrative effect the stuff has.

> Anyway - Jane and I essentially agree about the iron.

Yep:

A) no effect on magic
B) makes anyone who sees it go "wow!"
C) probably some bonus to combat, too.

> Anyone kitted out some major NPCs with cool stuff?? Wanna share?

PCs do you?

My latest Vingan has a javelin called Wind-homer. Her Defender Storm Devotee aunt enchanted an "aid throw with wind" feat into it for her, and it also returns to her hand once thrown. Saves all the hassle of counting ammo :)

That Sword we were talking about the Humakti's got doesn't like trolls. So when it comes near them, it starts to unsheath itself and hum quietly, building up to a full +10 sonic attack on their darksense. (Two species-specific gifts. This is just how I dress them up.)

Not much else for you I'm afraid - the game I ran myself was low-level, no place for fancy magical trinkets.