RE: Re: Flying fighters?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:58:12 +0100

> From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson
> Vanganth is one of those cults where Devotee makes a *lot*
> more sense than Initiate, but yes, generally. (Note, *I*
> would allow a Vanganth initiate use Flight as an active
> ability (at a penalty) ignoring the "Affinities are only
> augmentors" rule. Other Narratrors have to make their own call on that
> interpretation...)

I think I'd been assuming that Vanganthi get "fly" as an ability the way everyone else gets "walk". The Feats in the Flight affinity augment this the way others use their Movement affinity. This seems to fit the description bit of the write-up, the way affinities/feats are supposed to work for initiates/devotees, and the known example where an initiate *can* fly. The only thing we don't get is the level of the ability - 6, 14, 17, or "no self-respecting hero fails"?

After all, "fly", no other words is *not* a Feat.