Re: flyers

From: Paul <kax_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:21:40 -0000

Very true; a character must have good reason to worship the way he does. But it is a PC, and players can rationalise the most *amazing* things...

With a little work, I'm sure I could write a beautiful background that explains why my character worships Mastakos and Yavor.

Any double-initiate will have the same problem - one reason for them to be really rare.

But the rules allow taking magic from other subcults, therefore players will have their character do so. So, the Yavorite takes Instantly Travel Anywhere Within Line Of Sight from the Mastakos subcult and doesn't even have to initiate to him. Doesn't get the other cool stuff, but takes less time. He might even take Fly Fast from Vangath as well.

Of course, there aren't that many Yavorites... ;)

But it is an indication that one person can make a huge difference, which is what the game (and the odd few Gloranthan cultures) is all about.

Paul