RE: Re: Armour

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 07:59:11 +0100

> There's less use to inertia in body armour, though, and since
> titanium is
> now only about twice the price of stainless steel, and I know of SCA
> fighters with stainless steel armour, someone will do it at
> some point.

I've heard rumours of someone who's already got a titanium alloy mail shirt. Very light, very pretty.

Hmm, what other interesting rune metals are there in Glorantha, and what are they like once enchanted? Aluminium and Mercury are regarded as being the same thing, I believe, which sounds a little odd to me but very Water-like. Would enchanted aluminium be a bit like titanium? Ludicrously light, but still strong?