RE: Re: Flying fighters?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 08:02:36 +0100

> Remember they are dropping these from the clouds. Ever looked down
> from a plane as it was entering the clouds? Even on a low cloud deck
> day, you are talking cars looking like ants, people not visible at
> all.

That rather depends on the cloud level. Every tried walking up, say, Snowdon on a low-cloud day? You walk into the cloud at about 1000 feet or so - less than half-way up. If you make it to the top (follow the path! assuming you can see your own feet to do so) you can stand on top and look *down* at the clouds.

I just hope those Helerings are actually standing *in* the cloud rather than on top of it. If they're on top, either they have to peer over the edge, or their visibility is restricted by the cloud, not by their height from the target.

But if they can hide in the cloud's underside, their height from the ground can be anything from "standing on it" upwards! And they will not be visible. I remember all too well hearing a strange noise as I went up Snowdon, reaching out and touching the steam train going past. No, I couldn't see it until I was that close.