Re: Re: Spare Armour

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:41:31 -0700

> >Which is to say, having beaten-up armor that looks like it might have
come
> >off a dead Lunar might not be prima facie evidence of treason and/or
> >rebellion. You might be able to get away with wearing it without getting
> >crucified.

Of course, there is no such thing as "Lunar" armor - there are many styles of armor from the Empire - each Homeland will have its own style of srmor, with several "levels", from the Heaviest cavalry armor of Carmania to the moon-shaped peltes. Units like the Lasadag lions have equipment unlike any other unit in the army, etc. So it's not going to be the case that "He's got Lunar Armor, scrag him", but "Hey, that looks like a Pelandan panoply". If a unit of Pelandan Hoplites got ambushed in the area recently, then...

> >As for broo armor... well, they aren't top-notch craftsmen themselves.
I'd
> >bet most of *their* armor was stolen from bodies. So it won't look like
> >"broo armor" as such--just really old, beaten-up human armor. But you
might
> >have trouble getting the smell off it.
>
> It'll probably be more than just a smell, all sorts of horrible bits of
> gunge that are impossible to clean off as well.

In RQ, anything you got off a Broo needed to be cleansed by magical rituals before you could use it to get rid of disease. Usually we just burned it...

RR
- Richelieu