Re: Publication policy

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:34:01 -0000

> But I don't understand the publication (or the lack of ?) policy of
> Issaries...
> Where are "sartar rising 4"

'Being written' is the short answer. I know people that have seen drafts of it, so there is some sort of progress on it.

> and "glorantha, arena of the hero wars"

I don't know about the progress on that one.

> Well, we, the fan, we don't know what will be the publications. So
> it's difficult to utilize the issaries books to make a campaing.

The next book out, I'm pretty sure, will be Men of the Sea. Progress on this one is very good at the moment. I know of a couple of others (plus Sartar Rising 4) that are also being prepared at the moment.

> I know it's not easy for a small company like issaries, tu published
> all the books they want, but i don't understand there priorities,
> and we don't have any explanation by issaries.

Essentially, they publish what they've got. If Men of the Sea is finished before Sartar Rising 4 (and it was), they'll publish that first, rather than hang about and not publish anything. Since the writers are freelance, rather than company employees, they do rely rather a lot on what the various writers have managed to do for them, and this can drastically upset the publication schedules!

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic