RE: Fleshing out some Glorantha-specific details - another idea

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:37:48 -0000

> A [3 geographic feature] which marks the position where the
> territor- ies of three [1 groups of people] meet is also the
> source of [2 some unsusal magic]. Every [4 few years]
> delegations from all three sur- rounding communities must
> assemble at the location and and collect- ively renew the
> magic or they will (all) be without it's effect until the
> next chance to remew it comes around.

It occurs to me that this also fits some aspects of the game I used to run, though I never worked out details of the rituals involved.

The Marshedge clan, Lismelder tribe. They live at the edge of the Upland Marsh, hence the name. Four bloodlines, each tied to a plant species - Reed, Alder, Willow, Oak. These being the important plants in the ecology that turns Marsh into dry land, you see (so a few library books told me years back.) Once a year, a representative from each bloodline get together and go through the way they work together, in order. I'd guess that this involves a journey from the edge of the Marsh up to Oakstead (base of the Magnusson bloodline and source of Oak Beer).

Again, if this sounds of interest, I can fill in more details off-list. You tell if it needs doing by how much the Marsh is encrouching (or just do it every year anyway!) Benefits include not being flooded or over-run by zombies.