Re: Uz and the Blue Moon

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:45:28 +1300

Paul:

>Does anyone have any keywords/descriptions for Annilla, Quatanara,
>Mahaquata.

Annilla was described in the Four Scrolls of Revelation as an Animist Cult which provided Blue Streak Spirits, Dehori, Bat Spirits and Selenes. It's basically written from the Uz PoV with the Old Uz of the Mountains - who may or may not be the same as the Emperor's Cousin.

I personally think the Lunars have a divine cult to Annilla which is more regimented for the Occult security requirements of the Lunar Empire. As well as assassination, there's also Erik Seurin's suggestion that they function as the Men in Blue who wipe people's memories of anything that goes horrendously bad as a result of the Lunar Way. Nick's already posted my suggested feats.

Mahaquata and Quatanara are the same cult worshipped by the Rinliddi and the Blue Moon Trolls (the Rinliddi call her Mahaquata while the Trolls call her Quatanara). Although associated with the Blue Moon, it's really a Death Bat cult. Given that the cult of the Crimson Bat is a lunarized version of this - and the Crimson Bat is the Lunarized Avatar of Quatanara - you can't go wrong than modelling the Death Bat cult on the cult of the Crimson Bat (Rory gave a hero wars writeup in Moon Rites).

The affinities would then be: _Emulate Bat_ (the feats giving cultists bat ears for seeing in the dark and bat wings for flapping around)

>Not entirely sure of their individual spheres of influence,
>especially the later two, other than they're all apparently drawn
>from aspects of Verithurusa.

No, they are not. The Blue Moons of the Goddess's Cycle are Lesilla and Orogeria. Moreover there is only a faint connection between these goddesses and Annilla.

--Peter Metcalfe

---