Stead layouts

From: Stephen Rennell <steve_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:55:48 +1300

Hi All,

Tonight, having been playing weekly for the better part of a year we finally had to decide on the layout of the stead buildings.

Not because the stead was under attack, no, but because the (NPC) brother of two of the characters was getting married and they had to figure out where all the guests were going to be sleeping, and worse, where the marriage bed would be.

The players tried to outdoor each other with gifts, calling in favours, and asking for hints from various NPCs as to appropriate gifts.

Hrothgar was getting all romantic with one of the visiting clan's young women.

They invited some people from a third clan to see how their clan treated incoming wives, to try to convince them to start marrying in.

Ontarios had two of his romantic attachments show up (from different clans), and was keen to avoid being rude to either of them, and indeed, to avoid being cornered into marrying either of them.

Olaf the Humakti Devotee sat on a hill overlooking the festivities, moping. ("Sorry Olaf, but inviting death to a wedding, well, it's not a good look")

Sometimes this is a crazy game... but regardless of the lack of outside conflict, I think the players enjoyed themselves a lot.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rennell		steve_at_...
Wellington, New Zealand