Re: Birthdays?

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:03:53 -0000

Weird side effect of the search terms I used I'm afraid. I get the impression that Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate birthdays because they're not mentioned much in the Bible. (According to the websites I skimmed).

> > http://hector3000.future.easyspace.com/birthdays.htm) which
> > has quotes on it from some guy named Greg Stafford.
>
> Fascinating page: thanks. But I suspect it's a different Greg
Stafford.

Yeah I don't think our Greg Stafford is a Jehovah's Witness.

> > Is there any reason to say they don't? Do you want them to?
> > Then why not?
>
> Because this isn't for a private game, it's for a story, and I don't
> want to jar anyone's suspension of disbelief. If there's a GAG
feeling
> either way about birthdays, I'll go with it.

My feeling would be that unless it's a king or ruler or someone important in a religious sense that they wouldn't bother celebrating birthdays. A birthday party just doesn't seem right.

Oliver