RE: Scenarios for kids -- interested?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 07:36:07 -0000

Rob wrote:

> The plots were based loosely on Grimm fairy tales,
> namely The Pied Piper, Snow White, and The Goose Girl.

Heh... is that *this* Goose Girl story ("St Peter and the Goose Girl"), or another one?

http://www.etyries.com/folktale/moonson.htm

> I'd appreciate any ideas you'd have on the following questions:
>
> - If I cleaned up and posted notes for these scenarios, would anyone
> use them?

Someone's bound to.

> - What would be the right forum for posting these notes?

This mailing list looks as good as any, unless you have webspace of your own. If they turn out long, I think you could add them to the Files area of the Yahoo!Group and post an announcement to the list. (If you can't do that yourself, ask the list admin folk to help: mailto:heroquest-rpg-owner_at_yahoogroups.com

> - What location in Glorantha would be most convenient for
> setting these?

If you want to keep the mediaeval feel, the Gloranthan West is quasi-mediaeval. City states on the Janube River in Fronela are used to governing themselves, and can get by without much contact with the outside world: they're the kind of places with rich mayors, magical strangers visiting town, 'umble farmers living within earshot of the city walls, etc.

Nearer to home and still mediaeval, you could use Southern Heortland (think of early "Merrie England", with nobles riding out from their castle keeps in shining armour, hearty peasants and bustling marketplaces). But that might be too near the epicentre of the Hero Wars for fairytale comfort...

http://issaries.com/support/templates.html

> Thanks for any help. BTW: I've been trying to get to the Ring of
> HeroQuest Narrators site for the past two weeks, but it seems to have
> disappeared.

The Ring closed its doors over the Christmas break, sadly.

Cheers, Nick