Re: Re: Bashing Runequest - why bother

From: Viktor Haag <viktor.haag_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:18:23 -0500

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:05:12 -0000 (GMT),
> Rick:
> The only reason I could see for bashing RQ would be if you were afraid it
> was an evil that would return unless it was kept in disrepute.
>
> !!it might come back?? >runs<

Certainly; it's on its way.

Chaosium is currently working on a "Deluxe Basic Roleplaying" which is, essentially, an updating of RQ3 as far as I know.

You can already purchase "monographs" of RQ3 with the Gloranthan stuff stripped out from the Chaosium.

So at least they're making an effort to bring it back. And bully for them, I say. For certain kinds of games, I quite like BRP. It gives the impression of being nice and gritty without the mechanical complexity of something like Aftermath or CORPS, and without the endless kitbashing and skill-list-of-infinite-length of games like GURPS.

--
V.