Re: Who is Helamakt for Orlanthi?

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:19:56 -0000

Just to clarify: I have read the above entry, which falls in the Heler chapter of _Storm Tribe_.

The reason that I have questions: The _Storm Tribe_ entry for the Helamakt subcult of Heler differs from the _Thunder Rebels_ entry for the Helamakt subcult of Orlanth. Specifically, the myths are different. The myths in _Storm Tribe_ are more complete; for example, they answer the question "Who is Helamakt?" But _Storm Tribe_ disagrees with_Thunder Rebels_ on several points, such as what Helamakt did at Thrinbarri.

I don't expect all myths of Helamakt to be consistent with one another, but I'd like to sort out the Orlanthi answers to basic questions such as "Who is Helamakt?" and "When did he pledge himself to Orlanth?" I appreciate any help on those.

Rob