Re: Taboos, prudishness, etc

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:29:52 +0000

Jane Williams wrote:

> And if you can find a bush/tree-sheltered location that isn't visible
> from at least one direction, and you can get to without fighting
> through hedges, barbed wire, ditches, etc, you're doing very well!

In my experience of growing up in rural Essex, you generally didn't need to be hidden from *all* directions, and you generally only needed shelter in one direction. It wasn't exactly Piccadilly Circus. :)

I would imagine Dragon Pass to be even emptier if it wasn't for the bands of adventurers crashing about the wilderness, raiders and rebels hiding in the undergrowth, assorted chaos beasties and so forth. When you finally find a likely looking bit of shrubbery and it turns out to belong to some dryad or something. And they're *so* over sensitive when you do your business on their sacred tree! :)

Regards,

Bruce