Re: Taboos, prudishness, etc

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:24:06 +0000 (GMT)

Of course, *that's* where taboos and so on come in! Spirits, and not offending them. Never mind about *people* seeing what you're up to, its the local spirits you want to keep happy. And I bet they vary. I bet the hearthstone spirit in *that* stead dislikes the colour pink, and gets peeved if anyone wears it indoors, for instance. Important to remember that. Then there's the one that normally keeps the smoke clear, except if anyone uses the word "excellent" too often, then she starts throwing soot balls at them.

And so on....

Local variation. Far easier to handle, and much more fun!

Jane Williams