Re: Other Chieftain Gods

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:34:12 -0000

> >When I think to the clan questionnaires, the "Making of the Storm
> >Tribe" myth in KoDP and various other places, it seems clear to
me
> >that many of the gods that joined the storm tribe were leaders of
> >people. [snip] there was the "fight anything" clan following
Vadrus, and
> >so on.
> >
> Well, yes, but I don't imagine he was terribly good at leadership,
do
> you?

Exactly! I don't think that the various divine clans in the Storm Tribe give Orlanthi any insight into leadership - instead, they help illustrate how a tribe of clans work. I'm sure there are plenty of Orlanth the chief stories from the Storm Tribe age that provides the traditions of clans and clan chieftains.

Jeff