Re: Digest Number 2023

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:45:53 -0000

> My HQ experience is limited, but I don't rules wise I don't see
> how initiating in Dar would help the new leader. That just gets
> him affinities, probably a +1 or +2 on leadership type activities.
> Nothing to be sneezed at, but nothing amazing either.

As ritual magic, backed up by priests and godi, performed on the correct days, at the correct place and with generous sacrifices, a Dar chief can perform some very useful - in fact, necessary feats. For example, Dar provides a clan with its magic to Cast Out of Clan, Instill Pride, Invoke Wyter, Protect Tula, Make Clan Ring, Rally Clan, and Summon Clan. Want to make a Clan Ring? Well, you need to perform the Orlanth Allfather Make Clan Ring ceremony - which comes from Dar Allfather.

Can many chiefs perform this magic without ritual magic? Probably not - but that's not the point.

Jeff