"Vanilla" ???

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:45:19 -0000

So, I've been wondering for a little while now what vanilla means when used with reference to HeroQuest. I've got as far as working out it's not a reference to the orchid, but beyond that I am stumped.

I know it is bound to be something so obvious my face will glow scarlet. After all, when I made one of my first Hero Wars characters (an animist), I asked whether "chargen" was what Gloranthan spirits are called and was gently ignored as if I had been making a poor stab at humour. (I worked it out about a year later.)

So, go on someone. Show me up, tell me what vanilla means. To quote Arlo Guthrie - I'm not proud.

Sam.

p.s. On the assumption I will lay off this list for a while due to deep embarassment once I know the answer - thank you in advance.