Re: Telmori

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 06:20:41 -0000

Hi Norbert

I have been intrigued by your posts. I joined the Glorantha tribe as a newbie narrator feb last year I believe. I'd like to comment on some of your posts with that in mind,

I had a similar problem with my best friends who I used to game with. I took the 'have what you want' approach. To be frank they created AD&D characters, and the whole thing sucked. They didn't really want to play and I couldn't imagine how I would weave their story into that of the Hero Wars.

I started a game in London at a gaming club. Quite daunting at first, narrating strangers in a system I was unfamiliar with. I changed tack and insisted people created Heortlings, but of any occupation, and got a scholar, an entertainer and a hunter. I ran the scenario's from the HQ rules which I thought introduced the rules in a nice structured way. And they are all easy to make Heortling specific.

> > > By the way, my possibly wolfish-inclined young recruit
> > > just decided to play a Puma People Thief/Mugger with
> > > Teshnan common magic talents. I think the character rocks.

Also as grounded Heortlings, with relationships to their clans and clan mates the disasters of the Hero Wars will have far more impact IMO. Thats why I insist people don't create outsiders. YGWV and MGF and all that. I also wish I had insisted that people took cults from Orlanth and Ernalda, unless they had a very strong character concept otherwise.

> > > We had a "character-creation only meeting" a few hours ago,
and actual play will start in 7 days exactly.
> > > I'm very excited about that, as I've been away from
> > > Glorantha and HeroQuest for a while.
> > >
> > > -- Norbert

Welcome back! Will you be at Tentacles?

Regards