Re: Telmori kings

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:21:00 -0000

> In HotB Goram Whitefang was the leader of Prince Temertain's
Telmori
> bodyguard. He was never billed as the tribal king.

Here are some blurbs about the Telmori bodyguards of Prince Temertain from David Dunham's fantastic campaign log from our Seattle Farmers game:

"There were many watchers [as Temertain entered Boldhome], but not really crowds. 100 Telmori warriors were waiting. Korlmhy acted as herald, proclaiming Temertain as the Prince of Sartar. Meanwhile, Brenna kept the prince's horse from shying. The Telmori leader, Goram Whitefang, accepted Temertain as his Prince and liege, promising to die in his defense. Temertain was terrified of them. Vanostal Greyskin charged the Telmori with guarding Temertain."

"Temertain also has a household guard of 100 fierce Telmori warriors led by Goram Whitefang. They outnumber the rest of the household and terrify Temertain (and most right-thinking folk)."

"On Wild Day, Fazzur rode into Boldhome at the head of a huge column of troops. He wore ornate iron armor chased with silver, and two iron scimitars. His bodyguard of 18 fierce warriors also wore iron. Temertain waited to receive him, accompanied by a pack of werewolves. Fazzur gave a short bow to the prince, and greeted him in excellent Sartarite as Temertain the Learned. He gave gifts, primarily papers and books. In the ceremonies confirming the surrender, Fazzur seemed to be going out of his way to pay respect to Temertain."

Most folk are just scared witless by the Telmori. They are a bunch of baby-eating monsters who in battle can turn into wolves with hides that cannot be cut by bronze. And every Full Moon, they become such beasts involuntarily. They are not Heortlings, they are not Orlanthi, they are not even men. Yet they are Sartarites.

Jeff