Re: Vanilla and other commodities

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:16:07 -0000

Agreed. Shows the importance of commodities is all.

> > Also, isn't Dragon Pass the route to the sea? With the Opening,
> > pretty much anything you can think of. Spices for sure.
> Yeah, but the spices and things being brought in through the ports
are also exotic to the
> Orlanthi in Dragon Pass.

Exotic sure. Of any value at all to the Orlanthi? Doubt it. Raid the heavily guarded caravan - little funny smelling brown bits of dried plant. Must be valuable because it was guarded. But how to sell it?

> > > I think a great adventur could be made to disrupt "a valuable
> > convoy" that turns out to be
> > > something Orlanthi find quite unimpressive. :)
> > Blue wool. Has to be.
> Now there's a fun idea.

My understanding is that the Virgin Mary always has a blue hood thing in paintings because blue paint was the most expensive. Blue wool must have been valuable because some poor sod had to handle the pee to bleach the wool and the foul-smelling woad (Note to any of you who have orlanthi who have used the brew woad skill - read T. Chevalier's Lady and the Unicorn for an idea of the effects of doing so). well, not really.

Sam.