Heroquest power-level (was Ravenswing)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:21:45 +0200 (EET)

I have a follow-up question.

The way published myth's are written the (primary) quester is Orlanth, Humakt, or another great power. Yet the quests are really Hero Level quests, with opposition power in the 10w2 - 10w5 level (approximately).

So my question is this:

Should all those quests really be the quests of "Hu the Sword does Y", or "Harmast Barefoot finds Y"?

Or is it just so that when a Clan champion does "Orlanth vs. Aroka", the quest's powerlevel is somehow set in the Hero, and not in the God level?

Personally I'd prefer the latter, I think. I like the idea of my heroes doing Orlanth vs. Aroka, with the hero being Orlanth in the myth, but the whold thing remaining in the Hero power-level.

When done like so (on the Hero Plane, I quess) the Hero Quest is not about changing the world on a fundamental level, but more like powerful ritual magic.

What do you people think?

        -Adept