Re: Issaries Fan Policy

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:26:29 +0100

Charles:

>I just took a brief scan of the document and did not find anything
>too onerous... (yet!) However, some might object to the automatic
>right of Issaries to re-publish any fan material, though I suspect
>that most people would be delighted at this prospect (as long as it
>is acknowledged.

I guess it is this paragraph:

"ISSARIES reserves the right to consider any fan submission as a submission to ISSARIES for publication, and to provide an initial response based on that assumption, at its sole discretion."

I think that "provide an initial response" means that Issaries will ask the submitter first. That's just my interpretation though.

This paragraph:

�Glorantha is the creation of Greg Stafford. Greg Stafford and Issaries, Inc., reserve the right to use any Gloranthan names, places, and concepts, from any Original Material, in any future Gloranthan development or publications, without further credit or payment.�

has an extended explanation which I hope will soon be available.

>On the other hand, the "Publication Date: XX, 2005" in red at the
>top of page 2 could also lead one to hope that it is still a draft

Hmm, that's strange. I did put in a date before making the PDF. Anyway, the document is not a draft. I'll fix the date.

>(in addition to the incompleteness noted by John above).

Appendix D, the submission form is also available:

http://www.glorantha.com/inc/FanMaterialPolicySubmissionForm.pdf

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams