Old Uleria write-up

From: Norbert Franz <norbert.franz1_at_...>
Date: 29 Mar 2005 02:46 GMT

When I looked up material on Uleria in the Library of Londarios, I noticed that the old RuneQuest version of the Uleria cult text contains a line that reads,
  "Most stories about the goddess are sensual and _chotic_."

I have tried to discern the meaning of "chotic"... It does not seem to exist as an English adjective, I looked it up in all my dictionaries as well as online, in Merriam-Webster and elsewhere. Most sources suggest it is a misspelling of "chaotic" or "choric" or "cholic".

What is it?

Chaotic: hardly seems reasonable, as Ulerians are decidedly opposed to all things Chaos.
Maybe the original text still said "chaotic", but referred to "confused, haphazard, fragmentary", but not to the Gloranthan "Chaos" things.

"Choric" doesn't quite make sense in this context,
as the passage does not talk about church choirs.

"Cholic" ... as in "relating to bile"? Hardly.

Could you native speakers help me out with this?