Re: Fiends and Cacodemon

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:52:54 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Kevin Blackburn wrote: <snip>
> A superhero ought to eat Cacodemon (of a RuneQuest type nature, where he
> was quite weak) for breakfast.

Weak?? I'm not going to sully this forum by typing up any of Cacodemons utterly insane RQ statistics here.

Let's just say that the 9m tall demon is pretty much infinitely strong and immune to both magic and physical harm.

But this is no quideline. RQ is of absolutely no use in trying to depict creatures that far from the human norm.

Dorastor book has some comment (totally outdated of course) of Cacodemon usually being a denizen of the Hero Plane. Is this still the case? I'd assume Cacodemon resides in hell, but is that heroplane or godplane. Can he be permanently killed? It would feel right to me that Cacodemon and the fiends are indeed hero-plane type creatures. They can be destroyed by individual heroes, but their existance on Glorantha can not so easily be terminated.

        -Adept