Re: Hero Points (was Re: Fiends and Cacodemon)

From: Osentalka <Osentalka_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:56:40 +0200

Hello fellow Gloranthans

Mark Galeotti asked about HP ratios.

In my old gaming group (a new one will start soon) about 1/3 of the HeroPoints were used for heroic actions, and 2/3 for character improvment.

It worked well:
We got all the heroic (movie like) action we wanted once or twice each gaming session, that was okay. The characters developed good, but not sooo quickly, because my players spend their heropoints on a lot of different abilities rather than concentration on a few of them.

When i run a scenario at a convention the players spend almost any single heropoint for heroic actions, and keep none for charakter improvments, but that is understandable, because they don´t have to play this character again.

My two clacks, whatever they are worth...

Cheers

André