Hero Points (was Re: Fiends and Cacodemon)

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:28:43 -0000

Something that I find interesting in this discussion is the assumption that all or most HP end up used for character improvement. In our gaming group, we tend to burn through most carrying out ridicously over- -top heroics. Obviously there's no right way, but I'd be interested in getting a wider sense of the balance between wastrels such as us (who thus advance rather slowly) and hoarders who keep as many as they can for buying up their abilities. A purely unscientific estimate is that about 20% of HP earned in our group and spent on advancement. What kind of ratios do other groups have?

All the best

Mark