Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:58:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

        I was in the Tentacles game, and certainly remember Inora. We went seriously OTT, and ending up freezing a whole Lunar legion in its tracks to save the Summer Child from being stolen away from our tribe by the Lunars.

        There were several Lunar sorcerors involved, but they didn't have the deep connection to the winter wonders of Inora that we did, even though they were busy conjuring with cold magic. We froze their socks off first.

        Other than that, I can't remember too much of the ins-and-outs of Inora worship. White ice, black ice and blue ice were mentioned, with Blue Ice being the coldest of the three. The weekend being as crowded as it was, I'm even drawing a blank on who ran the game.

        But go ahead with either Inora or the Winter Princess as you wish. Neither (if they aren't the same) has been worked on too much, so they're quite open to development. One thing that had definitely been discussed on the HQ digest quite recently was that Inora is the goddess of the sheltering snows, who helps preserve the life of the land from her father Valind's cruel cold.

Alison

Do You Yahoo!?