Re: Re: heortling orlanthi initiation

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:43:38 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Jeff Richard wrote:

> > Parhaps even more importantly I'd love to know how the heortling
> female
> > (are Esrolians Heortlings?) initiation differs from the male one? Do
> the
> > females meet Heort? Do they receive the secrets of the star-heart
> and do
> > they face down chaos in I-Fought-We-Won?
>
> Greg and I discussed this some years back and at the time the answer
> was that women do not meet Heort or receive the secrets of the Star
> Heart. Heortling women have very different initiation rites.
>
> Jeff

Damn! But...

So the central aspect of being a heortling only applies to the men? The men experience standing against chaos, alone, yet with every other non-chaotic thing still in existance and beating it back, but the women don't. Now I'm even more desperate to see a female version of the initiation.

In addition, how does this work for Vingans and other female thunderbrothers?

        -M