Re: Re: Winter Animist Practice or Tradition

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:24:51 +0100 (BST)

> Logically, there have to be two questions here
> (please check my logic):
>
> 1. Are Inora and White Princess the same entity?
>
> 2. If so, is this entity a spirit or a goddess?

Your logic seems to me to be correct.

> On the first, there is plenty of evidence that --
> outside of Glorantha -- people believed they were
> the
> same entity. Is there incontrovertible in-Glorantha
> evidence proving that they are the same entity?

I don't see how there could be. There may have been heroquests to prove it, one way or the other, but there've been HQs to try that with Yelmalio/Elmal, and look at the mess there!

> They
> might just be similar, and thus often confused for
> one another.

Quite.

Surely what we need to look at here is what is most useful for gaming? And players of either animist nor theistic PCs will prefer to avoid the "misapplied worhsip" penalties - or at least, to have the option of avoiding them. So, for maximum gaming pleasure, they are two different entities who are often confused. Maybe there were twin sisters who had to make the same choice as Yinkin, and one chose each way? Make it triplets and have one be a Saint if you like!

Jane Williams

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com