Re: Re: Inora/Whitey

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:22:50 +0100 (BST)

> Jane sez:
>
> > . . . if you wish to "prove" that two entities
> > are or aren't identical (such as Inora and the
> > White Princess), then HQing is the normal way
> > of doing it, and the results will be
> > localised, controversial, and subject
> > to contradiction as soon as someone with a
> > stronger hero (or army) comes along?

Chris Lemens:
> With the exception of Defiant Entities, I don't
> think
> that any amount of heroquesting can prove a goddes
> is
> a spirit or vice versa. The most it can do is prove
> that the heroquester was deceiving into thinking
> such.

Which is probably quite enough from the POV of the HQer, of course. How would they know the difference?

I'm not sure if it *could* be done, or not. It may be "impossible" in the sense of having a W10 resistance. What I am sure of is that it would be a terribly bad idea. The GodLearners caused quite enough trouble just swapping round a couple of earth goddesses, after all.