Re: Digest Number 2137

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:23:37 +0100

LC:

>Agreed whole-heartedly. But what I was trying to get at is the idea that
>when someone starts needing something like "winter" as a tradition or a
>faith, there is no reason not to be able to justify giving it to them.&#92;
>
>(Note, I don't think this applies to saint, which seem less tied such
>phenomena.)

I'm sure there could be a saint of Survival in Cold Weather (the Catholic Church has two [1]), if that's close enough. And a wizardry or sorcerous order that uses the power of cold is also a distinct possibility.

>> there will be
>> mountains with spirits, mountains with gods, mountains with both, and
>> possibly even mountains with neither, though that sounds pretty scarey and
>> unnatural to me.
>

>True. And mea culpa. (And I agree about the third. Although if you go
>far enough west or east, perhaps it happens?)

Sure. I'd be surprised if the mountains of the west don't have essences. Some of them may have gods or spirits, too, but most of them probably won't. Of course, this probably wouldn't apply near Dragon Pass (although there's an essence river - so you never know).

[1] - one of them saved another saint from drowning in freezing water, and the other is also the patron saint of Bavaria, where, no doubt, people pray quite regularly for that sort of thing.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic