Re: Split Party

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:13:18 -0700

> I'm interested in the intimation - on another thread -
> that 'split-party syndrome' is bad. No quotes because
> the autheor did not specifically say that, but this is
> something of 'truth, generally accepted' by GMs.
> However in Red Cow we regularly play with a completely
> split part and cut between people. I find there are
> some real advantages:

While not "bad", per se, it can be difficult to manage, most especially if the players only have one hero each - what to do with one set of players while you narrate for the other is a pretty constant complaint. However, if players have multiple heroes and you're running multiple storylines in parallel, that's a lot less of a problem.

RR
- Richelieu