Re: Split Party

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:15:28 +0100 (BST)

> The problem that I have with splitting a party of
> PC's is the "sitting
> around waiting for the other group to finish"
> factor.

> If I was going to split the party as regular thing
> in a HQ campaign, I
> would institute some kind of troupe style play in
> which each player
> would control one or more followers of another
> character.

What I've tended to do back when I was still doing F2F play was have a "pool" of NPCs who were sometimes followers, sometimes PCs, sometimes run by me - whatever fitted at the time. That helped a lot when, for instance the (wanna-be) Vingan PC went off for initiation. The rest took over one of her followers, one of their followers (a little sister) and a female NPC or two, and went with her.

And sometimes, I'd have the rest of the players run the opposition :)

That's how I took them through male "initiation of Orlanth", I had most of those tests set up so one player was tested, and the rest were the opposition. Saved me a lot of time, I just had to sit back and watch!