Re: Split Party

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:38:23 -0400

On Thu, 2005-23-06 at 20:15 +0100, Jane Williams wrote:

> What I've tended to do back when I was still doing F2F
> play was have a "pool" of NPCs who were sometimes
> followers, sometimes PCs, sometimes run by me -
> whatever fitted at the time.

I do think the "pool" of NPCs can be a helpful trick to use sometimes. But I think that works best in the cases where the game really is "party play" most of the time. In one where there are large extents of separate but interweaving stories going on, using the aggressive scene framing approach Mike talked about has worked better for me.

LC