RE: Challenging PCs in combat

From: Silburn, Luke <luke.silburn_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:59:08 +0100

>>It cancel to the extent that in full war and on battlefield you are rarely caught unprepared.
>>Usually you are fully prepared and with heavy rituals.

Yeah. The big variable is how long it takes to go from 'Pants Down' to 'Reasonably Prepped' to 'Buffed to the Max' (BttM) and how easily you can do it without your enemies noticing and taking precautions of their own. This will vary from game to game of course, although I imagine most games would see the transition to 'Reasonably Prepped' not taking more than a few minutes, half an hour at most; whereas BttM is a much more of a moveable feast - at least hours, more likely days and possibly even weeks (if you're willing to wait for mythically appropriate festivals in order to shoot for the big augments).

Having said that I imagine it probably also varies *within* Glorantha - so there are some folk who can get to BttM on much less notice than others and of course there will be some whose BttM comes from a small number of augments whilst others have bloody scads of them if they can get their ducks lined up in a row (sometimes literally). Then the *really* scary ones (Harrek fr'instance) probably wander around at what would typically be considered BttM as a matter of routine...

Regards
Luke