RE: The Best Way to be a Hero Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense was RE: Eurmali

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:18:56 -0400

On Wed, 2005-27-07 at 23:41 +0100, Jane Williams wrote:

> Take a look at the page on Healing in the rulebook (p81). There's a
> distinction between Minor and Major magical healing. Common magic can do
> Minor, but not Major. And Hurt is the lowest level of injury.

That is a very good point, and probably the only clear example of a distinct power difference (outside of ritual/HQ issues) that we have.

> Not that they can improv *new* feats, of course.

You know, I wonder about this. I suppose an initiate can learn a new feat, and then improv it, true?

> But yes, that's what I see,
> too. And I work on the assumption that anyone with high affinity levels is
> probably concentrated.

Really? I suppose it makes some sense.

> Disciples:
>
> I'm not quite sure about that, either. They'd know that your king would do
> the same as their deity - but if the deity is known for doing the
> unexpected? Vinga being the obvious example to my mind, but I'm sure there
> are others. (Well, there's Eurmal, but a Trickster King is something I just
> don't want to think about!)

Yikes! A Trickster King would be terrifying. (But could he bond himself?)

LC