RE: Re: Improv. Feats.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 07:05:27 +0100

> Actually, in my case I was asking about the fact that if an
> Initiate had
> been exposed to a Feat in an affinity other than the ones in the book,
> she could improv it like any other on the list. (Say if her version of
> the cult had this unique feat in it, or she had been studying/hanging
> out with a Devotee who had invented/discovered it.)
>
> I'd allow that, and was wondering what others thought.

I'd allow it. In-game, it makes good sense.

In meta-gaming terms, it means that any initiate can have any feat, as long as the player can think on their feet and explain in the real-world minute before they use it who this Devotee is who created it, and how they know them. Which, again in meta-gaming terms, removes most of the advantages of being a Devotee.

I don't see an easy solution to this, other than having reasonable players who don't try that sort of thing.