RE: Re: HQ still doesn't make much sense

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:37:06 -0500

On Thu, 2005-28-07 at 22:07 +0100, Jane Williams wrote:

>Has anyone else tried this? Replaced the entire development system and HP
>spend by "what do you want, the answer's yes"?

I have tried "As you go" development with setting ability levels to taste to start (at Origins, as it happens). I think that chucking the HP spending on abilities is not a good idea, however, as I like them to have more of a disincentive not to use them to bump than just "you might want them another time."

What I'm really more for is for setting ability levels arbitrarily high, but the same for all players. Otherwise it seems odd to not have a restriction, and then to suddenly gain one. Haven't tried this yet, however.

In any case, this simply seems to be an application of the "advanced experience" rules.

Mike