RE: Re: New to HeroQuest

From: Vladimir de Saint André <v_saintandre_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:44:39 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

Thank you friends for your answer. I did see the lot of material available on the issaries website, and appreciate the inspiration I can draw from it. My initial concern was that there is so much in Glorantha, and so little in the rule book, that I found it hard to know what it was all about. From your suggestion I have now a clearer idea, and see my Glorantha as a mythologic, bronze era like universe. It would surely look quite like the 60's TV adaptation of Ulysse's adventures and other Greek myths. Sounds exciting and grand.

If there was a movie or a novel you would most closely associate with your Glorantha, what would it be?

Thanks again for your guidance,

Bye,

Vlad

Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...> a écrit :
Hi, Vlad:

Nick Brooke here.

The thing that did most to get me excited about the world of Glorantha (rather than bits of it) was the "Cosmology and History" from the old RuneQuest book "Cults of Terror". It's available on the Issaries, Inc. website in two parts, here:

http://issaries.com/library/history/cot-cosmology.html http://issaries.com/library/history/cot-history.html

It's a panoramic overview of how the world of Glorantha came to be, one that's never been beaten since.

(For odd and perhaps personal reasons, the magazine article that got me most excited about playing in Glorantha came towards the end of this piece from "Different Worlds" #26: "Dwarf Lore"

http://issaries.com/library/elder/dwarfs-mythos.html#lore

... because of the mixture of bizarre ideas, role-playing tips and game-mastering strategies it suggests. Once you've understood what Greg-as-Tostig was doing, gaming in Glorantha becomes much easier).

Of course I'll recommend "HeroQuest Voices" and "Lokarnos" as well (I would, wouldn't I? :-), but if you're looking for somewhere manageable to start, the Cosmology and History are a great first reference.

Cheers, Nick

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS     Visit your group "HeroQuest-RPG" on the web.

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:  HeroQuest-RPG-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

 Appel audio GRATUIT partout dans le monde avec le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger  Téléchargez le ici !