Re: Saying thank you!

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:05:13 -0000

> Once again thank you for your kindness with quesions from annoying
> newbie. Runequest 2 also has information on laguage relationships in an
> Appendix as I recall.

Unofficial page, but seems consistent with other sources I've read:

http://karamo.nexenservices.com/glowar/language.htm

For what it's worth: In our Sartar campaign, our characters all have "Speak Sartarite" at 17. They take a -10 improvisation penalty to speak to Tarshites, including Exiles (and presumably folks from Far Point -- I don't recall). Because Tarshite and Sartarite are closely related, we have been allowed to spend a hero point for our characters to learn Tarshite starting at 13 while in Tarshite lands.

Our characters have a lower penalty (-5) speaking to people from south of Sartar (Heortland), because our characters' ancestors migrated to Sartar from there. The Tarshites, on the other hand, have been completely separated from our characters' kin for some 300 years.

Rob